What is the truth about online hypnosis and hypnotherapy home study education, distance learning, correspondence courses?
“I am so glad that I can study at my own pace. Watching the videos and doing practice sessions has been very stimulating for me. Learning and applying these skills to my daily life has brought me harmony.” – Sonja Jackson, Homemaker
How do on campus programs differ from distance education or home study trainings? As with anything else, hypnosis education and hypnotherapy schools vary dramatically. Here are some misconceptions and facts:
1) Misconception: Hypnotherapy cannot be learned through home study. The Facts: You can learn hypnotherapy easily through THI’s home study trainings which include:
- Quality DVDs of live trainings which include lectures, demonstrations, group discussions and zoom-in shots to observe subtle shifts.
- Quality workbooks and materials designed by educational consultants.
- Multiple practice hypnotherapy sessions.
- Professional supervision and feedback on CDs of practice sessions from a trained staff member.
- Unlimited fax, e-mail and phone support.
2) Misconception: Live classroom training is better than DVDs of live classroom training. Fact: You will find that DVDs of live classroom trainings can often times be better.
- In a live class the teacher can have a bad day, you can have a bad day. There can be distractions. Discussions can drift off into tangents. In DVD trainings taken from live classes the teacher can be well chosen, DVDs can be edited for the best material and tangents can be edited out. You can choose to watch DVDs on good days.
- In a live class you can ask questions live. In a quality home study training, pertinent questions and answers are included in the DVDs and you call-in or e-mail your questions.
- In a live class you practice hypnotherapy processes with fellow classmates. In a home study training you practice with “real life” family, friends, co-workers and clients.
- In a live class you are given feedback by fellow students and possibly the teacher. In quality home study training you receive professional feedback from a trained staff member via audio evaluation. You are also given potentially more objective feedback by “real life” clients.
“Having the THI videos for future viewing is better than attending a live workshop.” – Mary Isabella, LPC, CACIII (Psychotherapist)
3) Misconception: Hypnosis DVDs are all about the same. Fact: Actually, you will find that hypnosis DVDs vary dramatically. THI utilizes videographers, mainly 2-camera shoots and professional editing equipment.
4) Misconception: Hypnosis can be learned in a weekend or through book reports. Fact: You can get an introduction to hypnosis in a weekend. You can also learn facts about hypnosis through books. But to learn the practice of hypnosis and hypnotherapy you need quality DVDs and CDs lectures, discussions and demonstrations. You need practice sessions and quality feedback. THI gives you this and more.
5) Misconception: Receiving a diploma is better than a certificate. Fact: Actually, certificates for Certified Hypnotist, Certified Hypnotherapist and Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist designations are more widely recognized than are diplomas in hyhpnosis. You receive these through THI.
6) Misconception: Hypnosis certificate titles relate to standardized hours training. Fact: There are no standardized hours of study for certificate titles. Titles and hours are determined by individual schools and associations.