Your certifications from the Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute are recognized nationally and internationally by many organizations.
Your hypnotherapy certifications are recognized by the following organizations (subject to change). We are located in Colorado, so we are under the Colorado Board of Education. And just as the University of Colorado is recognized in other states and countries, so is the Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute.
- Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board, approves and regulates THI’s operations and curriculum. Graduates with THI certifications practice nationally and internationally.
- Department of Human Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, State of Colorado: THI is in the approved vender file. Check with your state for reciprocal approval.
“THI presents material with complete explanations for greater understanding and retention. The combination of Transpersonal Psychology with the tools of hypnotherapy is so powerful and effective, speeding up the time required for healing.”
– Candace Burton, Licensed Massage Therapist
- Association for Transpersonal Psychology & Hypnotherapy (ATPH): THI graduates may apply for membership in this professional association. ATPH board certifies hours of training. Professional Members are eligible for liability insurance.
- International Hypnosis Federation (IHF): THI is an Approved Training School with the International Hypnosis Federation. THI Directors, Anne Salisbury, PhD, CCHt and Greg Meyerhoff, NLP, CCHt are IHF Fellows and Instructors. Graduates of THI may become Registered Members upon completing Transpersonal Hypnotherapy. IHF tracks legislation and promotes that which is favorable to the industry. Important information is listed in the IHF newsletter, and discounts to IHF conferences are included with membership. Upon graduation from THI, contact IHF for an application.
- American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (ACHE): From 1990-2005 THI was a member of ACHE as and Approved Hypnotism School offering. Anne Salisbury, PhD, CCHt, was an Approved Hypnotherapy Instructor adn Designated Examiner.
Colleges & Universities
Many schools may accept THI credits (here are some examples):
- John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, CA may consider transferring units into the Graduate School for Holistic Studies: Master’s programs in Transpersonal Psychology, Consciousness Studies and Holistic Health.
- Naropa Institute, Boulder, CO may consider THI training hours as prior learning credits for their Bachelor’s degree.
- Antioch University, Yellow Springs, OH may consider THI training hours as prior learning credits for their at-a-distance Master’s program.
- Union Institute, Cincinnati, OH may accept up to 32 semester hours as prior learning credits in their distance learning Bachelor’s program.
- Vermont College of Norwich University, Montpilier, VT may be willing to work out personal Articulation Agreements with THI for their at-a-distance Bachelor’s program
- Please call your university about independent study credits.