What is the truth about online hypnosis and hypnotherapy home study education, distance learning, correspondence courses?
Wondering about taking an online vs in-person live hypnosis training? Here are some misconceptions and facts about online home study hypnosis training:
“I am so glad that I can study at my own pace with the Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute. Watching the videos and doing practice sessions has been very stimulating for me. Learning and applying these skills to my daily life has brought me harmony.” – Sonja Jackson, Homemaker
1) Misconception: Hypnotherapy cannot be learned through home study.
Fact: You can learn hypnotherapy easily through the Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute’s quality online home study trainings which include:
- Quality videos of live trainings which include lectures, demonstrations, group discussions and zoom-in shots to observe subtle shifts.
- Quality workbooks and materials designed by educational consultants.
- Multiple practice hypnotherapy sessions.
- Professional supervision and feedback on audios of practice sessions from a trained staff member.
- Unlimited fax, email and phone support.
2) Misconception: Live classroom training is better than videos of live classroom training.
Fact: You will find that videos of live classroom trainings can often times be better.
- In video trainings taken from live classes the teacher can be well chosen, videos can be edited for the best material and tangents can be edited out. You can choose to watch videos on good days. (In a live class the teacher can have a bad day, you can have a bad day. There can be distractions. Discussions can drift off into tangents.)
- In a quality home study training, pertinent questions and answers are included in the videos and you call-in or email your questions. (In a live class you can ask questions live.)
- In a home study training you practice with “real life” family, friends, co-workers and clients. (In a live class you practice hypnotherapy processes with fellow classmates.)
- In quality home study training you receive professional feedback from a trained staff member via audio evaluation. You are also given potentially more objective feedback by “real life” clients. (In a live class you are given feedback by fellow students and possibly the teacher.)
“Having the THI videos for future viewing is better than attending a live workshop.” – Mary Isabella, LPC, CACIII (Psychotherapist)
3) Misconception: Hypnosis videos are all about the same.
Fact: Actually, you will find that hypnosis videos vary dramatically. THI utilizes videographers, mainly 2-camera shoots and professional editing equipment.
4) Misconception: Hypnosis can be learned in a weekend or through book reports.
Fact: You can get an introduction to hypnosis in a weekend. You can also learn facts about hypnosis through books. But to learn the practice of hypnosis and hypnotherapy you need quality videos and audios lectures, discussions and demonstrations. You need practice sessions and quality feedback. THI gives you this and more.
5) Misconception: Receiving a diploma is better than a certificate.
Fact: Actually, certificates for Certified Hypnotist, Certified Hypnotherapist and Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist designations are more widely recognized than are diplomas in hyhpnosis. You receive these through THI.
6) Misconception: Hypnosis certificate titles relate to standardized hours training.
Fact: There are no standardized hours of study for certificate titles. Titles and hours are determined by individual schools and associations.
As with anything else, hypnosis education and hypnotherapy schools can vary dramatically. Feel free to contact us with any questions.