Recovering from Sexual Abuse with Hypnotherapy Course
50 hr Course: 11 DVDs, Workbook
with Cathy Platin, MA, CCHt & Yukio Hasegawa, MA, NLP, CCHt
prerequisite: Transpersonal Hypnotherapy, or Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Protocols, or transfer student
Approximately one in every four people (one in every two in therapy) has been sexually abused. It is important to know how to work with this population and when to refer them out. Learn the profile and characteristics of the survivors so you can work with them. Gain a thorough understanding of the stages of recovery.
Learn therapeutic approaches and techniques for each stage of recovery. These are different from the ones you learned in “Transpersonal Hypnotherapy.” Learn how to create safety, keep very clear boundaries, utilize focus-solution therapies and neutrally assist in memory recovery. Learn specific applications for NLP, Ericksonian Hypnosis and Transpersonal Hypnotherapy methods. This course is essential for anyone who has a private practice.
- 50 hours of demonstrations, exercises, readings and practical applications.
- Up to 22 hours of live sessions, discussions and exercises on DVDs. (production quality: fair)
- The comprehensive “Recovering from Sexual Abuse Workbook” with extensive researched information on sexual abuse.
- The “Recovering from Sexual Abuse” certificate of completion suitable for framing.
- The professional title of “Hypnotherapist Specializing in Abuse” which can be used in your promotional materials.
- Unlimited phone and email support.
The Recovering from Sexual Abuse curriculum includes the following:
- Introduction and Overview with Yukio Hasegawa, Definitions, 11 Do’s, Reasonable Precautions, Complex Exercise, Diary of Reactions Exercise, Working with Therapist’s Issues.
- Working with Client’s Issues, Techniques for Keeping a Client in a Resourceful State, 5-4-3-2-1 Technique, The Nature of Memory.
- Bubble Technique Exercise, Pseudo-Orientation in Time, Timeline Resources, Timeline Demonstration.
- Introduction with Cathy Platin, Symptoms of Abuse, Stages of Healing, Present Time & Place Exercise, First Session Formula Task, Boundaries in Session, Boundaries Demonstration.
- Boundaries Exercise, Letter from the Future Exercise, Letter to a Perpetrator, Denial of Facts.
- Parts Work Demonstration.
- Things that Happen to Therapists of Sexually Abused Clients, Secondary Post Traumatic Stress, How to Prevent Symptoms, Repressed Memory, Self Mutilation, When You are Attracted to Your Client, Counter-transference Role Play.
- Role Playing Demonstration and Discussion #1, #2, #3 and #4.
- Role Playing Demonstration and Discussion #5, Dealing with Doubts About Memory, Role Play for Therapists Exercise.
- Dealing with Sexual Abuse: Demonstration, Session and Debrief.
- How Sexual Abuse Impacts Survivors and Partners, Role Play and Discussion: Husband & Wife.
“‘Recovering From Sexual Abuse’ provided a basic understanding of survivors’ needs along with useful techniques for creating a supportive healing space which is empowering for the client. It was personally transformative.”
– Jean Wentzel, Pharmacist