Transpersonal Hypnotherapy is based in Transpersonal Psychology. Through THI’s home study trainings, you tap intuitive wisdom.
Transpersonal Hypnotherapy is described as a natural extension of Transpersonal Psychology which incorporates the methods of all four waves of psychology.
- The first wave, Psychoanalytic theory developed by Freud and then Jung, deals with the unconscious mind and underlying issues. In hypnosis, this is called hypnoanalysis: we examine the root causes of our problems.
- The second wave, Behavioral Psychology, uses environmental modifications to alter our habits. In traditional hypnosis this is giving a direct suggestion to be different, reinforcing the new behavior and then expecting a change. Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP), which works to change the body’s neurology, has its roots in Behavioral Psychology.
- The third wave, Humanistic Psychology, developed primarily by Abraham Maslow, acknowledges that our ultimate striving is for self-actualization: a healthy integration of body, mind and emotions. THI teaches various hypnotherapy and NLP techniques which access personal mastery.
- The fourth wave, Transpersonal Psychology, was also developed by Abraham Maslow. It states that we strive toward self-transcendence and the realization of our spiritual potential. THI incorporates meditation with hypnotherapy to tap the resources of the unconscious mind and connect with the source of all that is.
“As a University teacher of Transpersonal Psychology, I was concerned that students were not getting direct experience of conceptual materials. So, in THI trainings, I am excited to see students utilize Transpersonal material in hands-on processes without years and years of study. These are tools for mastery. They can be practiced easily and widely.”
– Dominie A. Cappadonna, PhD, former Professor of Transpersonal Psychology, John F. Kennedy University, California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco State
The Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute is unique in including hypnotherapy techniques for issues addressed in waves three and four. For example, in Transpersonal Hypnotherapy you work with issues (such as weight) from all four of these approaches:
- Underlying issues. (Review, understand and relieve childhood wounds around weight.)
- A habit to change. (Open the refrigerator less.)
- Personal mastery. (Achieve physical, emotional and mental potential around weight issues.)
- Spiritual potential. (Expand perspectives and wisdom. See choices and spiritual benefits.)
Transpersonal Hypnotherapy ultimately focuses on the fourth wave, spiritual potential, with the goal being to help clients wake-up to who they truly are.
Transpersonal Hypnotherapy is holistic, synthesizing Transpersonal Psychology with Ericksonian Hypnosis, Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP), Alchemical Hypnotherapy and other proven schools of thought. As with Transpersonal Psychology, Transpersonal Hypnotherapy recognizes our drive toward wholeness, toward a fuller intuitive experience of spirit. This broad perspective empowers you to be a competent hypnotherapist.
In THI trainings you learn how to facilitate your clients’ inner journeys and help them connect with their inner wisdom and intuition. This empowers your clients.
Transpersonal Hypnotherapy is brief therapy with long lasting results. Since most insurance companies have stopped paying for long-term psychotherapy, clients are looking for results in a few sessions. You can serve your clients by adding this to your practice.